Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Letter from a Regular Fireman

This is a letter that came to me a while back.  I love our Firemen but not their Union.  This letter shows the frustration of the rank and file in the Arlington Fire Department, and how they feel about their representation.

Mr. Parker,
 
My name is XXXXXXXXX.  I have been a Fireman here in Arlington for 36+ yrs.  I am presently a XXXXXX at Fire Station XX.  I usually don’t get involved in city politics, and keep the rumor mill out of my Station.  Someone sent me a link to your blog the other day and I decided to check it out.  I must commend on your statements regarding the APFA as well has the APD issue.  It’s refreshing to hear somebody finally tell it like it is.
 
I have been a member of the APFA since I was hired in 1979.  I rarely went to meetings, but paid my dues just in case I needed some help one day.  I never saw the APFA do anything really positive, and they mostly just kept the pot stirred.  But since David Crow took over, the APFA has turned into a Mafia style operation that is going to destroy the Fire Dept.  I actually attended a meeting several months ago.  I was so disgusted with the E Board’s sense of entitlement and the way they treated me that I resigned on the spot.  They are out of control and on a personal vendetta against Chief Crowson, no matter what the cost.  It’s amazing to me the City Hall still has discussions with the APFA.  So I wanted to say thank you for telling it like it is.  I would like to invite you out to the Station for lunch or dinner if you’re interested.  My crew has the same attitude towards the APFA as I do and we would enjoy the opportunity to chat.  Please feel free to contact me via email or phone.
 
 
Thanks for getting the truth out to the public and employees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.