Thursday, July 25, 2013

Just a Note

This is just a note to let you all know what is happening in District 1 as of today.  I started off by going to the Citizens Police Academy Seminar at the Sheraton hotel.  From there I had a meeting with a group that is interested in expanding their senior care facility over in Dallas.  I showed them around the Lamar/Collins Overlay and explained the projects that are in work in that area.  Then it was back to the office to meet with Mr. Albert Ross the President of the Veterans Park Project.  I missed the Cowboys Stadium announcement because I ran a little long in my other meetings.  In this mornings Star Telegram it was stated that Arlington will get 5% of the naming rights to the stadium.  They estimate that the price to AT&T will be $18 million a year.  Arlington would normally get $900,000 but Jerry put a cap on the deal at $5 million to the city over the length of the contract.  Since the city put up 30% of the money for the stadium it would seem that we didn't drive a very hard bargain.  But what do I know since I wasn't there.  Well $500,000 a year is better than nothing.  If you couple that with the $500,000 a year that is required to be donated by the Jones Foundation to the city it's an extra million annually.  I might add that this $500,00 will all go to bond debt service, while the foundation monies are supposed to go to youth sports.


Just to let you know, this blog has been in existence for a little over a year.  I have posted 74 times and there are over 14,000 views on the information.  I call that a success, but there is still room for improvement.  So please spread the word, and let's all stay informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.