Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11

This morning is the 11th anniversary of 9-11.  There are only 3 days in my life where I can tell you where I was when something happpened of significance.  The Kennedy Assination, drawing my draft number, and 9-11. 
Luckily I was home on that day and not flying.  I was a Captain for TWA LLC flying 767's based out of New York, but I was off that day.  A guy that I went through Navy flight training with, was the Captain who's aircraft  hit the Pentagon.  His name was Charles Burlingame.  The world changed that day in many ways.  Your lives changed.  Heros died, and the never ending war on terror was started.  In a few minutes I will start putting up flags in service of my Rotary Club, but more in rememberance of those who died that day.  It reminds me of people jumping off the World Trade Center just to end their lives quickly.  It reminds me of the Firefighters who lost their lives trying to save others.  It reminds me of the families that have lost mothers and fathers.  And it also reminds me that no matter how long it takes, the resolve of the United States is backed up by the true warrior spirit that rests in our military forces.  SEAL Team Six is in my thoughts today and my heart swells with pride.  Bin Ladin sleeps with the fishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.