Sunday, September 16, 2012

Looking Forward and Looking Back

I haven't posted for awhile because I have been on a little tour of the hill country with the wife.  We don't get out much and it was enjoyable to spend some actual wife time for a change.  We visited Llano, Fredricksberg, Lukenbach (population 3) San Antonio, and Austin.  I needed to get out for some R & R.  I have a very busy week planned with meetings all afternoon and tomorrow evening.  Then a full Council Day on Tuesday and meetings on Wednesday concerning the Walgreens, to include their district manager, the North Police Chief and Principal Harmin.
While I was away a dear friend of mine passed away.  We call it flying west in the aviation industry.  Dave Nimmer was my backseater in 1976, a life long friend for the last 37 years, the Chairman of the Norfolk Republican Party for 6 years, Kiwana's President in Norfolk and he was my campaign manager.  Dave and I have literally traveled the world together.  At 8:00 pm on Friday evening his battle with cancer ended.  He will be dearly missed and I am a much better person for having him as my friend.  I will attend his memorial service in Norfolk.  Via Con Dios Amigo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.